As agreed upon between the student and supervisor.
Library Assistant I
A. Develop Resources for the NNLM
• Create resource guides specific to NNLM initiatives and priorities • Develop communications materials (digital videos, marketing, social media, etc) for a community health organization audience • Develop learning materials for webinars and/or other NNLM teaching initiatives
B. Coordinate activities related to the main project assigned
• Create, review, and monitor a project work plan • Develop working relationships with relevant stakeholders • Communicate about project with relevant stakeholders to ensure project success
C. Support NNLM outreach initiatives
• Coordinate logistics for outreach events such as the Wikipedia Edit-a-thon, webinars, or others. • Update website per supervisor’s request
D. Other Duties
• Represent NNLM PSR at one local outreach event • Attend at least 2 staff meetings and 2 working group meetings over the quarter • Develop one project of their choosing, under the guidance of NNLM PSR librarians • Write one or more Latitudes blog post
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to get to work reliably and on time. • Ability to be present in the workplace during normal working hours. • Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers. • Ability to work with co-workers, supervisors, and managers harmoniously and cooperatively and as a team player. • Ability to follow directions from supervisors • Skill in oral communication to convey information concisely and clearly using diplomacy and appropriate grammar and vocabulary, to a variety of people including public users and staff. • Strong organizational abilities to ensure timely completion of projects and accurate record keeping. • Skill in drafting grammatically correct correspondence, whether transmitted by mail, fax or on-line • Ability to maintain calm and pleasant demeanor and reasoning under pressure • Familiarity with Internet browsers and search engines as well as Web 2.0 tools (blogs, wikis, social networking, discussion forums). • Skill in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop) and a variety of other computer applications (Snag It!)
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to work with Moodle, a course management system
We are hiring 1 student per quarter (2 total): Fall and Winter. Please indicate your interest in health sciences librarianship and your project interests.